You must provide your own sheets, pillows, pillowcases, light blankets, towels, and washcloths.
We recommend that you bring the following items:
- Alarm clock (see note 1)
- Sunscreen (optional)
- Other personal hygiene items as needed
- Small clip lamp for dorm room (see note 2)
- Pens (2)
- Light rain gear
- Comfortable shoes for walking to the capitol
- T-shirts will be provided
- 3-4 Pairs of Jeans or Khaki pants (no holes, rips, logos, etc.)
- Lightweight sweater or jacket
- Proper clothing for dinner (see Dress Code)
- Pajamas/appropriate night clothes
Voice recorder for recording lectures
Talent show material (see Talent Show)
Wristwatch (see note 3)
Camera (Selfie sticks, tripods, any GoPro mounts etc. are not permitted.)
Cell phones may be brought but their use will be allowed only during certain specified times.
- Cell phones may not be used during conference meeting hours. Students will be given emergency contact numbers that will allow the parents to reach the student during conference hours in case of an emergency.
Note 1: The alarm clock is a necessity. We arise and are out of the dorm by 6:30 AM.
Note 2: Dorm room lighting in Southgate Campus Centre is very limited. We recommend that you bring a small UL approved clip-on lamp. The clip must be plastic so that it will not mar the furniture. Lamps with metal screw-on clips are not acceptable.
Note 3: Wristwatches are not required but will come in handy, as cell phones are not permitted during conference hours. A watch will help the student to be on time for all conference activities.
Revised: 10 October 2017